At Smart Choice Credit Union (SCCU), we value your membership and your privacy is very important to us. We want to assure you that we maintain strict security procedures to protect your information.
We are committed to providing you with competitive products and services to meet your financial needs, which necessitates that we share information about you to complete your transactions and to provide you with certain financial opportunities. In order to do so, we have entered into agreements with nonaffiliated third party financial service providers and other companies that provide either services to us or additional financial products for you to consider. We may also disclose information about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to follow your instructions as you authorize, process transactions on your behalf, conduct our operations, or protect the security of our financial records.
Information We Collect About You
To help us serve your financial needs, provide member service, offer new products and services and fulfill legal and regulatory requirements, we collect nonpublic personal information about you as follows:
* Information you provide to us verbally or in writing on our Membership Application, loan applications, and other applications and forms, such as your name, address, Social Security Number, date of birth, assets, income and debt.
* Information about your transactions with us or others, such as loan and share account histories and balances and payment history.
* Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, such as your credit history or report and credit score.
* User IDs, Passwords, Personal Identification Numbers, and/or other access codes that we or you create in connection with products or services we offer.
* Other sources, to verify the information you provide on applications, such as account and loan balances at other financial institutions as well as income and employment.
Information We Disclose
Disclosure to Nonaffiliated Third Parties
In addition to the nonpublic personal information we may disclose in order to provide you with, process and service the products and services that you request, or to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction that you request or authorize, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of nonaffiliated third parties:
* Financial service providers, such as mortgage insurers, escrow and title companies, bill payment processors, credit reporting agencies and similar consumer reporting agencies.
* Non-financial companies data processing companies and companies that prepare and distribute our member account statements.
We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties as permitted or required by law.
Disclosure Under Marketing Services Arrangements
We may also disclose information we collect about you, such as your name and address, to nonaffiliated third party companies that perform marketing related support services on our behalf for the purpose of marketing and targeted direct mail solicitations of financial products and services that we believe may be of value and interest to you. In such instances we only disclose the limited information necessary to perform these services and do not share other information we have collected about you.
To further protect your privacy we work only with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information that we provide. In these instances we require the execution of agreements that contain required confidentiality clauses which prohibit these companies from selling the information we provide to them to other third parties.
If You Terminate Your Relationship With Us
If your credit union membership is terminated we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.